We offer waste management courses and seminars to corporates, communities, schools, hotels, and resorts, etc coveting various topics related to waste management, composting, gardening and chemical-free living.
Learn how to make different types of DIY composters, how to segregate and compost, and how to grow your own vegetables with compost. The learning happens via energizing team-building and hands-on activities. Below are some of the topics covered:
- Why we need to manage garbage and the connection between soil health to Human Health
- Effective Segregation using 2bin1bag
- Demo on Aerobic composting
- 4R – Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Rent a bag, Borrow a bag, Say no to plastics, Say no to one time disposables
- Composting methods – Aerobic, Garden Leaf Composting
- Community Composting
- Leaf and kitchen waste composting
- Make your own composters
- Case Studies of home and community composting
- Preparation of Bioenzymes
Activity 1: Activate EM solution
Learn how to activate the EM solution
- Procure Black Strap Molases
Activity 2: Do it yourself Home Composter
Learn to make two types of home composter and leaf composter
The whole group will be split into 3 groups.
Group 1: Home composter type 1
Group 2: Home composter type 2
Group 3: Leaf composter
1) Home Composter type 1 2) 50-liter drum 3) Bosch drill gun 4) 2 types of drill bits (3mm and 5mm) 5) Wet waste (Participants to carry wet waste from home) 6) Leaves (2 sacks) 7) Wood chips (1 sack)
Activity 3: Composting
How to compost using locally available materials
The wet waste brought in by the participants and the wet waste generated from the salad making activity will be composted with locally available composting materials in the DIY composters.
Activity 4: Gardening
How to grow simple vegetable and greens with compost and soil
Will demonstrate how to grow vegetable and greens using pots, seeds, soil. The session will also include tips on how to enrich the compost and how compost can be used to enrich the yield of your plants and greens.
Activity 5: Questions & Answers
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about our waste management courses and programs.